We hope to answer any questions you may have regarding travel and Corona Virus
This page is being updated regularly
Regarding COVID-19, the Indonesian Government has imposed the following travel restrictions (from 20 March 00.00hr). These restrictions are temporary and subject to review:
1. There are currently no restrictions in force regarding domestic travel within Indonesia.
2. The Indonesian government has suspended its visa exemption policy for short-stay visit, visa-on-arrival and diplomatic/service visa-free facilities for all countries, for a period of 1 month.
3. All foreigners/travelers who wish to visit Indonesia must obtain a visa from Indonesian missions in accordance with the purpose of their visit. Upon submission, applicants must provide health certificate issued by relevant health authorities from their respective countries.
4. Country specific policies apply to travelers arriving from China and South Korea.
5. Entry or transit to Indonesia is denied for visitors/travelers who have travelled to the following countries, in the last 14 days:
- United Kingdom
6. All visitors/travelers must complete and submit a Health Alert Card to the Port Health Authority upon arrival at Indonesian airports.
7. Should the travel history indicate that a person has travelled to the countries above in the last 14 days, such person may be refused entry to Indonesia.
8. All restrictions are temporary and subject to further review.
Villa Nusa is committed to doing everything possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and following all related government and official recommendations. We take our responsibility to our guests and staff extremely seriously and have the following precautionary measures in place:
- All Villa staff have received additional training regarding the importance of hygiene and sanitization (across all levels, including personal and at work).
- All staff have been trained in the importance of regular handwashing, handwashing techniques and procedures regarding coughing and sneezing.
- The Villa and all rooms, pool area etc are thoroughly cleaned after check out and all surfaces are disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guests use. Staff also have access to hand sanitizers / washing facilities.
- We provide assistance to any guests and members of staff reporting fever, coughing, respiratory symptoms, in seeking medical assistance.
- Villa Nusa will follow all advice from health authorities in the event of either guest or staff sickness.
Stay up to date:
Check the World Health Organisation’s latest updates, travel advice and FAQ’s on Corona Virus here: WHO Website
You may also want to check the CDC website and Travel FAQ’s here: CDC Website